Sunday, July 21, 2013

Funny Boy

My youngest has been pretty amusing lately.

Friday night, a camper had asked him, "So Sam, how's life?"

"It's a long story."  Long story?  He wasn't having a glum day.  He must've taken that question literally.  How is your life?  I guess that sharing one's oral autobiography--even for a life of just five-and-a-half years--would take a while!  What a goof.
_____________________________________________________________

Yesterday morning, the kids and I were in the mini-van for a short trip to town.  While listening to our local Christian music station, these lyrics played: "I'm not the man I used to be."  Samuel asked, "Did he just sing 'I'm not a man, but I used to be'?"

I laughed so hard.  I had tears in my eyes. I could hardly catch my breath. 

We all know that commas save lives:

Let's eat Grandma!    vs.   Let's eat, Grandma!

Along similar lines, little words can make a big difference.  Pay attention to your articles and coordinating conjunctions, folks!
_____________________________________________________________

Then, last night at tuck-in time,  Sam was explaining to me how he liked old people, but not their skin. 

"Why not?"  I asked.

"Because it's rough and wrinkly."

"Ohhhh...well, that's why I use a lot of sunscreen on you, and your siblings, and me.  That way, our skin can stay soft and smooth for as long as possible."

"Let me check."  Sam stroked my cheek with the palm of his hand.  "Pretty good!  Nice job, Mom."

Watch out, ladies.  He's a charmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment