Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sam's Thoughts on Communion

In my last post, I mentioned how I was going through old papers.  I emptied over half of a filing cabinet so I'd have room to sort homeschool papers in there.  

As I was sorting through the piles of homeschool papers in the stackable letter trays I'd been using, I found this gem tucked in there from November.  We have communion on the first Sunday of each month, and this is what Samuel (7 years old) drew after reflecting on what Christ did for him on the cross.  The front of the card is a self-portrait.  He feels sad, yet full of love for God and feeling loved by Him.  The back of the card is Jesus dying on the cross.  


Front of Card

Back of Card

I love how the Gospel is so profound, yet a child can understand it well enough to be saved from sin.  I guess that comprehension sort of grows with a person as he matures in his faith.  Hmm...as he matures in his child-like faith.   Paradoxes everywhere....

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.  Romans 12:9-10 (HCSB)

1 comment:

  1. That's precious. "From the lips of children and infants, you, Lord, have called forth your praise"--Matthew 21:16.

    ReplyDelete