Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lydia's Dance Recital

I only have a few minutes before I need to start supper, so this is one picture and two videos.

Click to enlarge.
Here's Lydia in her ballet dress.  (I wish I had one like it.)
I'm going to find a pretty white shirt she can wear underneath it for church.

Ballet ~ "Just Like Abraham"
I was able to grab a front row seat, but I wasn't centered (obviously).
If the video doesn't work, then try this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWriT7vOWA.


Tap ~ "God's Not Dead"
I wish I'd gotten a picture of Lydia in this costume, but the shirt and vest were borrowed from one of the other girl's brother.  I altered Lydia's pants into these knickers, as well as the knickers of the girl behind her (also named Lydia).
Again, if the video doesn't work, then try this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-BWm3WvdE.

(I have the videos as "Unlisted" to protect the other girls' privacy, so you might need the link instead of simply clicking on the embedded video.)

We are so, SO blessed to have the dance teacher we do.  Lindsey is a strong Christian and homeschool graduate.  Her costumes are always modest--and so is the choreography.  The music they dance to is always either Christian or classical.  Plus, she doesn't charge very much at all.  Don't tell her this, but I'd pay through the nose to keep Lindsey as Lydia's dance teacher.  



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Girl! Were you able to see the videos? I edited to add links under the video blocks because the videos are Unlisted on YouTube. I wasn't sure if they'd work.

      Delete