Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Even a Broken Clock...

I'm lucky enough to have one of those front-loader washing machines.  I really like it.  It saves time, water, and wear and tear on our clothes.  There has been one thing irking me, though.  Whenever I load clothes into it, the door always closes on me.  We re-balance the machine, but the floor isn't completely level (basement), so it's not a long-term solution.










Grrrrr...so annoying!  (I know...First World problem.)

Finally, I had a genius idea!  Well, genius for me.

Velcro.




See?  Now it stays wide open until I'm ready to close the door myself.  YAY!

I'm not going to tell you how many years we've owned the machine before I had my "Eureka!" moment.  Suffice it to say: "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with my washing machine!!! Thanks for sharing the great idea.

    ReplyDelete