Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quotes


I got this pretty little journal a couple of years ago as a thank you gift from one of my homeschool choir students.  I wasn't sure what to do with it for the longest time.  It seemed too nice to be a run-o-the-mill daily diary. I'd fly through it too quickly.  But with "follow your heart" written on the front, I couldn't exactly use it as an address book either.  Finally, it came to me.  I decided to use it to record my favorite quotes.  They might be lines I find in books, cut-and-pastes quoted on Facebook, a bit of poetry, or favorite Bible verses.  Here are a few, in no particular order:

"He who rises late must trot all day."  ~ Benjamin Franklin

"There is no perfect time to write.  There is only now." ~ Barbara Kingsolver

"There must be more to life than having everything." ~ Maurice Sendak

"For of all sad words
   of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these,
'It might have been.'"   ~John Greenleaf Whittier

"There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." ~ Jill Churchill

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."   ~J.M. Barrie

Do you have a favorite quote or two?  I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment