Friday, September 23, 2011

Three Down, Three to Go

One of the things I do to help Dave with the camp ministry is cleaning for retreat seasons.  We have plenty of summer staff, so I don't have to do much of that then, but spring and fall keep me pretty busy (especially when you consider we're either trying to finish up or start our homeschool year).  In the spring, we only have two or three retreats, BUT they take place before our big clean-up weekend over Memorial Day, so everything has been sitting collecting dust and bugs and cobwebs.  (Sometimes I find a dead mouse or two.) Thankfully, the groups are fairly small and I don't have to clean a lot of buildings.  The fall retreats number between six and eight groups.  This year, we started with seven, but one cancelled.  Today, I finished cleaning for retreat #3.  I'm halfway done.  = )

I don't mind cleaning--that much.  I mean, sure, there are several things higher up on The Things I Like to Do list.  But, cleaning has a sort of instant gratification that appeals to me.  I also like to see old things made new again, or dirty things made clean, I guess.  If only I knew they might stay clean for a little while.  There's the rub.  Also, it's interesting to note that the cleaner camp gets, the messier my house is.  For example, I've cleaned ten toilets so far this week--none of them here.  Hmmmm....  I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment